Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My first placement happened.....and as ever 'words and words are all i have' to express my gratitude to the Almighty...


It was just another day at coll…but for some inexplicable reason,i could see everything brimming with life even in this dreary place(as I preferred to call it).At this juncture of the fall of the summer ,which one can well predict is going to to be as blazing as ever ,I felt as if the picturesque spring has just ushered in.Ohh!what was that?? Have I gone crazy??Hope my senses don’t have plans of playing disloyal to me!…give me a break…no more undermining myself…Afterall,it isn’t actually inexplicable…I think it’s this kind of joy one revels in when in some fleeting moments you come to know ,how your long lived dream has suddenly become a reality… Yes,it was like that…As if every single butterfly in the world found a way inside my stomach.
Though,I was dead out of fatigue,(courtesy the two preceding sleepless nights) I could not take my mind off the results of the interview that was to be declared…sleeping was beyond vicinity).The only question that kept rumbling inside me was, ‘What has He got in store for me this time?’…and there He was with an answer…One of the members of the TCS HR team finally,came up with the final list of selected students…a killing moment indeed for all of us ,as we waited with bated breath to get to hear the very sound of our names.Thank goodness!!,He was with me!..He answered my interrogation with no delay(it’s sometimes great to be one of the ‘As’).I guess mine was the 6th (or was it 7th?) name that was called out…And then it took me a few more moments to get it down my gut.By that time the incredible list of the 129 selected students out of the 194 who cleared the aptitude test had drawn to its close.What followed next is easy to predict…The declaration of the results left the hall burstling with a strange hullabaloo.For it ,consisted of cheers of triumph ,tears of joys and not to forget those poignant ,quiet sobs or may be for some ‘hardys’ it ended with just a sigh of despair.
But miseries apart, I, was on the eleventh heaven trying to get in touch with Him to thank Him for this day..and also for everything He has gifted me so far and the way He has always been with me in the lowest of moments…And here I realized something I once read somewhere but had well forgotten, ‘never say why me? When He tests us with trials.because we don’t ever do the same when he chooses one or maybe some to be blessed with the good things in life.He has enough of laughter and sunshine for each and every one’.
The journey is a long one(joyous of course)…the destination is still out of sight…but its great to reach one milestone…to keep a track of how much I have been able to cover so far and to know how far I still have to go…And getting placed was indeed like reaching at least one of the many milestones that I have to cross…And to all my buddys(no matter how less in number) who couldn’t make it this time all I can say is, ‘don’t loose hope is the moral of the story!’.Afterall,He’s decided the same share of laughter and sunshine for all!!

2 comments:

  1. congr8s...
    eagerly waiting for my milestone to come..wish u all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! do i know u??...
    neways..
    thanks for ur wish..n dont worry ur next milestone is somewhere in the vicinity..wish u luk!

    ReplyDelete