Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cupid's month is about to end!.........time for love-shmuv talk??



To begin with,I loathe Valentine's day!!...

Please dont mistaken me to be one of the forerunners of MNS or Shiv Sena or similar unscrupulous gangs whose sole motto,as could be percieved by my little naive brain,is to emanate hate and to disturb the state of equilibrium of the society...Neither do i claim to belong to the school of thought that says that there never was a need of a day to celebrate or acknowledge the love thatwe have in our lives and that love should be celebrated every day.In my belief,if we celebrate all significant events and relationships without qualms,then why to let go LOVE unceremoniously?I would
be game for the celebration...But I have my reasons to detest this festival of 'LOVE'..


In his book,eleven minutes,Paulo Coelho rightly points out a truth that we as lesser
mortals scarcely dare to reconcile to...'The great aim of every human being is to understand the meaning of total love.Love is not to be found in someone else,but in ourselves;we simply awaken it.But in order to do that,we need the other person.The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share our feelings with........'.In some cases consciously,and in many cases unconsciously,but the truth still remains the same that human beings' greatest aspiration is to find the true love of his/her life...But how can one recognize something unless one understands what one is looking for?..And so,in order to meet the real love of our lives poor humans keep striving
to understand the very essence of the miracle of those four letters....

..But,i dare treading this zone inspite of my innate human bias to explore it.For,i often end up more confused than earlier everytime i have tried to decipher the much saught after phenomena of 'love' or 'falling in love',so to say...There had been a couple of times when i seemingly felt close to it...Alas! Before i formally come to rephrase my definition i end up misgiving it...I took to the lyrics of this
popular song i came across,where a girl talks about how love is happening to her.


'Remember those walls I built
Well, baby they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make up a sound

I found a way to let you in
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now
Its
It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm takin'
I ain't never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can't forget
To pull me back to the ground again

Feels like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
The risk that I'm takin'
I'm never gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo'


In her song,Halo,Singer Beyonce has aptly described the inevitability of falling for love..Well,does that mean that the emotion of love makes us fragile human beings? ...Prone to falling?..or is it the light of the halo that you see only when you are in love?....well,difficult to answer...For,if i go by the tales of literature,i infer that love seems to flourish swinging between extremes.Joy and sorrow,strength and weakness,wait and impatience,agony and relief,so on and so forth.

But The Holy Bible tells a different story:

'Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.'


So,now you know why yours truly finds the love-shmuv talk gruesome?...No words of a singer could help.No art of a painter or sculpture could help.No ideas of avisionary could help...No experiences of practioner could help!...And i hope to be pardoned by Mr Cohelo, for not living upto the ultimate human aspiration,as of date.

'I could tell you a hundred things that it is not,but not one that it is!',Well,some wise soul made an honest confession!

No comments:

Post a Comment