Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SHORT-LIVED!!



Now i know,why as kids we used to sing,'Rain rain go away.Come again another day.Little Tommy wants to play'

Flick a flack fleck..
Flick a flack fleck...
dot a dot dot
dot a dot dot
Its here!
It has come!
Nevertheless its harbinger-the breeze had informed of its arrival,It has taken all by joyous surprise...
As if the wreath of silver glittering beads had been plucked and the beads are falling down incessantly.


The sky seeems not to be happy.
It has stopped twinkling its stars.
Its scornful that its endearing rain is leaving the groove of clouds where he had treasured it.
Its all red in anguish.
Its groaning,its roaring.
But the rain knows not to stop now...
It has to explore the other world that is waiting for it.
The moment has come...
It has broken free and now will move on relentlessly.


Through the forests and trees it trickles down to the earth.
Gravity is playing a comrade too.
The earth is rejoicing!
It spills frangrance the very moments the droplets touches its face.
It has bloomed and blossomed.
Why not?Afterall the wait is over,the wait for a rendezevous with the joy and beauty of the rain!!
But has this season of joy come here to stay??
How can that be?
For,then it would not be a season of joy.
Nor would its beauty be wondrous,had it not been fleeting.


I lift my face and feel the caress of the droplets.
Its ecstatic!
I try catching them,hoping against hope.
I wanted the moment to be longer than a lifetime.
But i had to let my wishes sublime.
For,it has to come and go or it would no longer be the rain of joy that i know.
I behold the shining beads diminishing in the night-sky...
I shall not sulk.
I shall not let my tears be a substitute to the droplets of rain.
They promised me to come again!
They gifted me this anticipation!

4 comments:

  1. good one ..
    her's ma version

    It's raining hard,
    And people say,
    "It's raining cats
    And dogs today."
    It's raining cats.
    "Meow, meow."
    It's raining puppy dogs.
    "Bow-wow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy I stumbled into your blog. Thank you for a beautiful poem ... and the commenter's poem above, lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Saurav..
    Thanks buddy!..for your version too..good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kittie!...thanks for your appreciation..
    I'm still a begginer...so,your appreciation is like a motivation to me..thanks a ton!..in between,i visited your blog...it was simply great!!

    ReplyDelete